There has never been a better time to purchase a lake house/waterfront property.
- Interest rates are at 30 year lows (see graph below..) You can now afford more for less.
- Lakefront real estate on these small lakes is limited (Lake Dunlap, Lake McQueeney, Lake Placid, & Meadow Lake). Supply and Demand: When there is little supply the demand for Lakefront Real Estate will rise causing prices to rise.
- Sellers are negotiating: The economy had made it tough on some sellers and some of them need out, which means great deals for buyers.
The way I see it:
- Put your money in the stock market and pray the stock market goes up all while getting no enjoyment out of your investment.
- Buy a lake house and actually enjoy your investment as